deadline: May 20, 2023
The World Bank is inviting applicants to participate in the International Alliance of Corruption Hunters (ICHA) Blog Contest. Post a blog on the topic “How young people can work with governments and civil society organizations to fight corruption and combat its negative effects.” about society ”.
ICHA is a global gathering of frontline anti-corruption workers from governments, investigative and prosecuting agencies, prevention agencies, the private sector and civil society to engage in dialogue and share knowledge and experience on challenges and risks. is intended for An opportunity to advance anti-corruption efforts at all levels.
The 2023 ICHA Forum will be held in Abidjan, co-hosted by the World Bank Group’s Integrity Vice President and its Vice President for West and Central Africa, in collaboration with the Government of Côte d’Ivoire. Since its inception in 2010, ICHA has consistently been held in Europe and North America, and this year’s international event is the first to be hosted by an African country.
The ICHA Forum brings together participants from over 100 countries to engage in dialogue on rapidly evolving anti-corruption developments such as illicit financial flows, beneficial ownership, fiscal and tax transparency for risk management in critical economic sectors. to hold. The Forum strives to bridge the gap between dialogue and action and to showcase knowledge from all corners of the world to strengthen the collective effort against corruption. The event is also an opportunity to strengthen cooperation among the global anti-corruption community and help build new relationships between global and regional actors. This year there is a particular focus on countries in West and Central Africa.
- Receive a prize worth 500 USD.
- To enter the #Blog4Dev contest you must:
- Be a citizen of one of the 48 countries in sub-Saharan Africa.
- Be between 18 and 28 years old as of May 31, 2023.
- Not a winner of previous editions.
- The World Bank Group reserves the right to investigate and verify the eligibility of participants.
- Submissions must be original. The World Bank Group reserves the right to test all entries using anti-plagiarism software.
- Winning entries will be selected based on the following criteria:
- Clear writing and presentation.
- practicality and relevance;
- Potential impact on development.
- The two selected winners can choose to:
- Sponsor to participate in the World Bank Group’s International Corruption Hunter’s Alliance 2023 Forum to be held June 14-16, 2023 in Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire, or receive a prize worth US$500. The top entries of all entries will be given the opportunity to publish a blog on the World Bank website.
For more information, please visit the World Bank.