Nate Diaz Drops Fierce Views About Possible Retirement Ahead of Jake Paul Fight

Retirement


Nate Diaz has no plans to retire anytime soon.

The Stockton native may have left the UFC after his contract expired last year, but he’s gearing up for his next fight as he fights Jake Paul in Dallas on August 5.

He’s quite the underdog against YouTuber-turned-boxers. After all, he’s past his prime at age 38, but Paul has beaten every former UFC fighter he’s ever boxed.

But if he ends up on the losing side against Paul, he wouldn’t call it a day. he will fight forever.

“I’m not going to lose to anyone,” Diaz said during Tuesday’s pre-match press conference. “No matter what happens, I will be here forever and I will fight. I will be here.”

While Paul has beaten other former UFC stars like Ben Askren, Tyrone Woodley and Anderson Silva, Diaz is different in that he actually has a boxing background. Coming is certainly not a foregone conclusion.

As for Diaz, not only has he mentioned fighting forever, but he hasn’t ruled out returning to the UFC in the future after taking over another sport.

“I won more than anyone in pay, I won more in survival,” Diaz said after UFC 279. Conor McGregor didn’t know how to do it, and other fighters don’t know how to do it either.

“So I’m going to go out and take over another profession and be the best in that field. I’ll show other people that I’m the best in the field. Then I’ll be right back here.” I’m going to win my mother’s UFC title.”

If Diaz really does, his first step could result in Paul’s second career defeat later this year.





Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *